Sunday, September 13, 2015

WANDERING HEROES OF OGRE GATE UPDATE

I haven't been blogging quite as much because we've been busy working on different aspects of Wandering Heroes of Ogre Gate, making sure nothing is overlooked. Briefly I want to give folks an update on where we are. 

The rulebook is in the initial editing phase. It is hard to predict how long this will take because I want to give the editor plenty of time to find problems. I felt I pushed people too quickly through this phase of development with Sertorius in order to get the book into layout and released, and I want to avoid that this time around. Presently I think the book is about 1/6th of the way through the editing process. This is a much bigger book than we initially planned, so the editor is going to need more time than I initially predicted simply due to the size of the project. When we first proposed Ogre Gate, we were thinking it would be a 100 page book. Now it is closer to the size of Sertorius (in the 300-500 page range). 

We are also finishing up the art and maps. Those shouldn't take too long, but we do have to give our artists time on them. These are looking great. I've already got a number of cool locations turned in like the Purple Caverns and Mystic Sword Temple. I've also received the cosmology and world map. We have some great mappers working on stuff including Michael Prescott, Josephe Vandel and Rob Conley. 

The interior art is also critically important to Wandering Heroes of Ogre Gate. It isn't just for flavor, it is essential to conveying aspects of the setting like the sects and equipment. We are well over half way through the interior images at this stage. Jackie Musto is handling the interior art and it looks incredible. 

As usual I cannot give a specific release date until we go to layout. I expect it should be ready for a late 2015/early 2016 release. 

No comments:

Post a Comment