Friday, March 2, 2012

Friends, Romans, Countrymen

For those who haven't heard the news, Servants of Gaius came out this week in PDF (you can find it here: Servants of Gaius PDF). I am very proud of what we achieved in terms of content and presentation (my thanks goes out to everyone involved in the project). I am so confident customers will like it that I pledge to send two free PDFs to those who aren't satisfied with the purchase. If you buy Servants of Gaius and don't like it, simply let us know by email (Bedrockbrendan@gmail.com) and I will send you two Bedrock Game's PDFs of your choice.

Bedrock Games only makes games we are passionate about. As with Crime Network, Horror Show and Terror Network, Servants of Gaius is built on decades of love for the genre to which it belongs. I've always loved Rome, for a variety of reasons. I am certainly no expert, nor a canon lawyer on Roman settings, but films and books set during the empire and republic hold a unique fascination for me.

The most influential source of inspiration for Servants of Gaius was I, Claudius the miniseries (to a lesser extent the book). I love I, Claudius the way some people love Star Trek. During the writing of Crime Network I even managed to work in a reference or two to the series. It goes without saying that John Hurt's portrayal of Caligula had a big impact on how I role played the emperor in my own campaign. It is also one of the chief reasons we decided to make Caligula a hero in Servants of Gaius. Other influences include the original epic Spartacus, Steven Saylor's Gordianus the Finder, Gladiator, and the countless Roman History text books I read while in college. But the lIon's share of credit goes to I, Claudius. Those who haven't should immediately check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment